Update: We have moved all of our monthly chat groups to Facebook and offer them for GRASP members who are also Patreon supporters. Learn more at https://grasp.org/resources/
We are happy to announce new online chat groups beginning next month in June. All online chat groups are listed below and will continue to meet from 4:30pm to 5:30pm Eastern time through Zoom.
The new chat groups are:
- First Thursdays, Spanish speaking chat for parents of Autistic older teens (16-19) and Autistic adults
- This chat group will use Spanish to communicate, provide support for Spanish speaking parents navigating services, and offer a better understanding of Autistic culture as it pertains to Latino/a/x and Hispanic Culture. Autistic adults are also welcome to attend the chat.
- Este grupo de chat utilizará el español para comunicarse, brindará apoyo a los padres de habla hispana que navegan por los servicios y ofrecerá una mejor comprensión de la cultura autista en lo que respecta a la cultura latina / a / xe hispana. Los adultos autistas también pueden asistir al chat.
- Second Thursdays, Significant others of Autistics chat
- This chat group is for the neurotypical partners, spouses, and significant others of Autistics and will provide peer support to people in these roles. Polyamorous, open relationships, and throuples are welcome!
- Third Thursdays, Parents of Autistic older teens (ages 16-19) and adults
- This chat group is for the neurotypical parents, caregivers, and family members of Autistics and will provide peer support to people in these roles. Single parents, step-parents, and blended and polyamorous families are welcome!
- Fourth Thursdays, Autistic parents/caregivers chat
- This chat group is for the Autistic and Neurodiverse parents and caregivers who care for a child, family member, or loved one. Single parents, step-parents, and blended and polyamorous families are welcome!
Continuing chat groups:
- Mondays, Chat group using audio and video
- Tuesdays, Chat using only typing, no audio or video
- First Wednesdays, LGBTQIA+ group
- Second Wednesdays, Women, Femmes, and Non-binary Folx group
- Third Wednesdays, Over 50s group
- Fourth Wednesdays, Indigenous, Asian/Pacific Islander, Black, African- American, Latino/a/x, Hispanic, and People of Color chat group
If you are currently signed up for a GRASP Online Membership, then you will receive updates and notifications about these groups in your usual weekly email. If you are interested in becoming a GRASP Online member or have questions about the chat groups, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.