Free resources we provide to the community.
Information and Referral (I & R) Services
Our trained GRASP staff provide informational services including diagnostic, psychological, community, and family resources via email or phone. We strive to locate and connect individuals to services locally, regionally, and globally. Please utilize the contact page to inform us of your needs, https://grasp.org/contact/
Our blog features entries from GRASP’s Board of Directors, GRASP members, Autistic individuals, and members of the autism community. We welcome Autistic and disabled bloggers to reach out to us with blog post ideas about the autistic and disability community. We especially welcome writers who highlight intersectional issues; all bloggers are paid for their posts. To follow our blog, click here, https://grasp.org/blog
In-person Support Groups
COVID-19 Update: Most of our in-person support groups are continuing to meeting virtually. Please reach out to us for specifics and we can connect you with the group’s facilitators. Thanks!
We offer support groups across the country. To be considered for a GRASP Face-to-Face membership, please contact us to begin the intake process or visit, https://grasp.org/membershipsupportgroups/. The GRASP Regional Face-to-Face meeting calendar is also at the bottom of the Membership & Support Group page. If you don’t see a group location in your area, please contact us and we will be happy to connect you to services and supports in your region.
Online Chat Groups
Our monthly and weekly chat groups are moderated by GRASP through our Zoom Chat Room with Aspies, Autistics, and individuals on the Autism Spectrum. These groups are an accessible way for fellow Autistic adults (age 18+) to get together to chat in a safe space. We recently added four new groups: a Spanish speaking community group, neurotypical parents and caregivers group, significant others and spouses group, and an Autistic parents group. Read more on our blog.
While the chats are moderated to ensure that the chat guidelines are followed, the chats do not have a structure and conversation is free form. We require all GRASP Online members to agree to follow our social media guidelines for chatting behavior to participate in the chats.
Current chat groups:
- Mondays: Chat group using video & audio
- Tuesdays: Chat group allowing typing only
- First, LGBTQIA+ group (las hispanohablantes tambien son beinvendias)
- Second, Women, Femmes, and Non-binary Folx group (las hispanohablantes tambien son beinvendias)
- Third, Over 50s group (las hispanohablantes tambien son beinvendias)
- Fourth, Indigenous, First Nations, Aboriginal, Black, African-American, Asian, Pacific Islander, Latino/a/x, Hispanic, and people of color chat group
- Primero, grupo habla hispana para padres de adolecentes autistas (12-19 anos) y adultos; los adultos autistas tambien son bienvendios
- Second, neurotypical significant others and spouses group (las hispanohablantes tambien son beinvendias)
- Third, neurotypical Parents, Caregivers, and Family members of Autistic teens (12-19 yo) and adults (las hispanohablantes tambien son beinvendias)
- Fourth, Autistic Parents, Step-parents, and Caregivers group (las hispanohablantes tambien son beinvendias)
Please visit our contact page to sign-up for GRASP Online Membership or to request more information.